Pages

Dec 8, 2014

Back From the Deep!

After a long hiatus and a move half way across the country, I'm happy to say that I am breaking my silence! Despite what it may seem, I've actually made quite a bit of headway in the hobby front, but haven't had much time to post about it. Now, enough of the nonsense. Onto the models!

First up is my monster of a project, Dr. Stormwallis. He's undergone a bit of a color transformation but there is still much left to do. His base has taken on some color and once i get his legs fully painted, I'll begin the water effects securing his leg to the ocean.

Doesn't look like much yet, but it will blend nicely with the added water effects.
I'm starting from the legs up since I'll need to plant the legs before adding the water effects. All painting right now is done only as a base coat and all weathering, shading, and washing will be added afterwards.


Hand and anchor pieces (all magnetized) with a bit o' paint.
When I assemble everything I've got painted up so far, he starts to look a bit more like what I had originally envisioned. My towering behemoth takes his first steps on dry land!



"Get over here!!"
And so, Dr. Stormwallis looks on into the future where a full coat of paint and an ocean of water effects await him. Fear not, this project is very much alive and well and I should be updating more frequently now that I'm settled into my new Texas home!

No comments:

Post a Comment