Pages

Dec 8, 2014

Ridin' Solo

What's up Internet?? In my absence from the blog, I've made some pretty good progress painting up my Cygnar army. I fancy myself a bit of a slow painter as I would rather hit all the details on one model than have a whole unit of half-assed dudes. I know this is not the most efficient way to paint an entire army, but homie don't play by the rulez. Because each model gets my personal attention, I tend to gravitate towards painting up my solos first. So here they are, in various stages of doneness.

Gun Mage Captain Adept a.k.a Il Duce (Boondock Saints anyone?). Model-wise, he still needs some final touches and a painted base, but he's at least picture ready. Game-wise, this guy is badass. High RAT, awesome DEF and he gets a sick list of sweet attack types that are all awesome in their own right. Arc Precision lets him keep up with the rest of your favorite gun-toting mages and coupled with phantom seeker, no target is safe. I've only played with him a couple times, but he functions pretty well at removing other pesky solos (yeah im talkin' to you Eiryss!).
Here comes the boom!

Oh look at that! a Wild Eiryss appeared! I know, I know, this silly lady isn't quite "Cygnar" but lets face it, she weasels her way into most factions if you let her. She gets around ;) ;) wink ;) Ok, Enough of that. Here's the model, yo. 
Dear lord, please excuse her face. I plan on cleaning up the skin tones later (don't hit me!)
Backside [moar winks ;) ;)]

Lightinin' Pod! "Geez what's with this guy? First a model that's not even Cygnar, now one that's not even a solo!" Ok, so this post should have been called "Miscellaneous Doodads" but, referencing a terrible club tune from 4 years ago seemed fitting for some reason? I'm terribly sorry. forgive me. but I've gone too far... I saw these lightning pods and immediately thought i had to do something creative with them. A Buoy just seemed so fitting. The water looks messy because it's still unfinished. I have to add the highlights to the wave tips to give them dimension and make the waves appear as though they are crashing against the pod. And before you go all science on my ass, I warned them not to put a giant lightning rod in the ocean. They didn't listen.
hardXcore.
This next guy is quickly earning himself promotions left and fucking right (and a few purple hearts along the way. whoops!). The Stormblade Captain has easily become one of my favorite solos in the Cygnar arsenal. Weapon master?! (Yes please!) with reach?! (Hot damn.) relentless charge and quick work have proven super useful as well. This guy keeps giving and giving, and THEN he gives even more to friendly storm knights. I fought off the need for merc infantry for a long time, so finally having that little bit of synergy to make my Cygnar units work allowed me to build some really fluffy lists and still be viable. (silver line stormguard, zomg.) This dude is quite simply a badass. I even gave him some colorful little ribbons and the like just in case you had any doubts.


Well that's all the time we have for today! Tune in next time for more craaaaaaazy updates! (Spoiler alert: Stormblade Captain will still be the baddest of the asses).

No comments:

Post a Comment